I’ve been neglecting this blog for quite some time now–I’ve gotten distracted by the siren call of tumblr, Twitter, and Pinterest. I return to offer freelance copyediting services to anyone interested.
My résumé is available here, but I’ll provide the highlights:
- Graduated from Texas Christian University in December 2012 after 3.5 years of study
- Bachelor of Arts in Writing with a minor in French Language Studies
- 4.0 GPA, summa cum laude
- Phi Beta Kappa Honor Society
- Graduated from John V. Roach Honors College with departmental honors in English
- Attended TCU on a full-tuition scholarship
- Copyedited for TCU Press during a 6-month internship
- Acted as web-editor-in-chief and copyedited for eleven40seven: TCU’s Student Journal of the Arts
- Edited and offered writing assistance to TCU students as a writing associate at the William L. Adams Center for Writing, in which I worked with APA, MLA, Chicago/Turabian as well as all subject areas (ranging from creative nonfiction to nursing to psychology to business)
I will copyedit in any genre: poetry, nonfiction (any subject area welcome), creative nonfiction, and fiction. I have worked across the curriculum at the Center for Writing, and I have worked with all creative genres by virtue of my specializing in craft in my writing major.
I will charge $15-$20 per hour based on the following criteria (I accept payment via PayPal):
- Copyediting level desired (heavy, medium, or light)
- Difficulty of the text (I will charge more for dense or academic texts)
- Citations (the more citations and the more in-depth the style, the more I will charge)
- Style guide
- Content editing (art, charts, graphs, fact-checking, etc.)
- Turnaround time desired
I am happy to copyedit in hardcopy or online, but for hardcopy I will request that you pay for printing and shipping costs.
I can provide quotes for your manuscript if you send a brief summary, one or two sample chapters, desired time for completion, and level of editing.
I’m also able to send basic workshop feedback for any creative pieces on which you may want comments, suggestions, or ideas for improvement.
Samples of my copyediting are available on my external portfolio, and I can be contacted at email@example.com to answer any questions.